Tis the busy time of year for many here at Vanquish and in ESO. A lot of us will be shopping, digging out our last years Ugly Christmas Sweater, undoing the top pants button for Thanksgiving, and finishing it all off with a tall glass of eggnog. Spiked, I hope. So, this little update will cue you in on what the plans are for Vanquish and for Elder Scrolls Online.
As many of you have already heard, November started with the #TamrielTogether contest. There were a few key things that will be judged upon; creativity, originality, quality, and hitting the theme “recruitment”. When we put this video together, we wanted it like no other. We assumed everyone would use in game footage with ESO music and show the things everyone does every day. We looked at it as a presentation and I think it worked! Our video does hit all 4 points, is within the 2 min mark, and fully 100% legit on copyright. Most of you have seen it, but just in case, here is our clip:
(if video doesn't load, try https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxbraRLYa1w)
PAY IT FORWARD HOLIDAY EVENT
Towards the end of November, shortly after American Thanksgviing, Vanquish has our own “Pay it forward Holiday Challenge”
I want to share with all of you the joy, paying it forward with a random act of kindness each day can bring. Go on smile at that co-worker that you really don’t care much for and say, “Good Morning”! Take some of those 1000’s of mats you have in your craft bag and find a new player and say, “Hi could you use 50 of these?” Step outside your comfort zone and when someone in guild chat is asking for help running a dungeon…fill that last spot for them and help them out. Randomly pick someone on the guild list every day and send them a nice mail with some gift item you think they might need. Stop and help someone out in the world of Tamriel or the real world. And when people act like you are crazy or when you just don’t know how to explain what you are doing…..Just say “My guild leader, Savina, challenged me to “Pay it Forward” and you’re the recipient of me doing just that, have a nice day! /smile”
Vanquish is blessed, we are a guild with much knowledge, an abundance of resources, and members of honor and integrity. Most of us in Vanquish want for very little but have lots of things and/or time to give. So, I challenge you Vanquish to go out and spread some holiday spirit in the world!
November 25- December 12
Are you Undaunted? Help test the Undaunted Celebration and defeat challenging dungeons for bonus rewards! The first final dungeon boss you defeat in a day will drop 3 Event Tickets and a special Glorious Undaunted Reward Box.
• This box contains an assortment of valuable goods, motif pages, and a guaranteed chance for one of the new style pages for this event’s Opal weapons, themed for specific bosses in Direfrost Keep, the Imperial City Prison, Elden Hollow II, or Spindleclutch.
• Defeating those bosses on Veteran Hard Mode has a chance to drop the Opal shoulder style page for those bosses as well!
• Subsequent dungeons you complete will continue to award slightly-less-valuable Undaunted Reward Boxes, which still have a chance to drop those weapon style pages.
• The Impresario offers the style pages for the Opal equipment for 5 tickets each, as well as the first three berries from the Crimson Indrik.
AN ESO CHRISTMAS CAROL
Dates are either the 1st or 2nd weekend of December or the 2nd and 3rd week. We are still finalizing the days.
An ESO Christmas Carol is based off the play ‘Christmas Carol’ by Charles Dickens. This is a 1 hour and 20-minute performance, with 18 scene changes in ESO fashion. Nobody has ever done this in ESO and we are excited to put it on for another year. Last year we left a mark on the ESO community and spread the happiness and joy to many
Vanquish Holiday Christmas Party
We will meet at the Daggerfall bridge. Wear your best holiday attire or costume, there will be prizes for the best holiday costumes. We will parade through Daggerfall and other large towns, spreading Christmas joy! Vanquish will be helping members of the ESO community as we take our gift giving on the road and visit many zones! We’ll be offering to craft gear, help with quest or dungeons, basically spouting Christmas joy to all we encounter. Start saving up items to randomly mail to guild members and community members in zone chat as gifts. It will be fun for us and for the community at large! I’ll even throw in a game of Lawn Darts with prizes!
New Life Festival
December 21 – January 2
New Life Festival returns for testing! This year, however, we have some special treats for you…
First, we’re introducing the long-requested Imperial New Life Quest, celebrating the Imperial tradition of the Old Life Remembrance.
As always, the first New Life quest you complete each day will award you Event Tickets (3, this year), and any completed New Life quests will award you a New Life Festival Box.
• This box contains an assortment of valuable and flavorful items, along with a chance for motif pages, style pages, furnishings, or special charity writs.
• The charity writs from years prior to 2019 are now sunset; if you have those writs, you can still complete them, they just won’t drop anymore. However, this year there are several new Imperial Charity Writs which, along with the Deep Winter Charity Writs that still drop, all count toward prior achievements involving these writs.
• Completing an Imperial Charity Writ will reward you a random page from this year’s wintry weapon selection, the Rkindaleft Dwemer style.
• Lastly, the Impresario has brought back ALL of 2020’s Indriks berries and feathers for your pursuit, and will sell Rkindaleft Dwemer weapon style pages for 5 tickets each.
So there you have it! Might need a little more Eggnog =P
Up and Coming Vanquish and ESO Events
Duck / Nov 10, 2020